Pro RESET Certification
Register • $599
Saturday Sep 18, 2021 - Sunday Sep 19, 2021
Sat 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM; Sun 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Live Stream - OS Pro RESET
Sep 18 $599
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
Join us for a LIVE Stream of the Original Strength Pro RESET!
The OS Pro RESET Certification is the follow-up to the OS Pressing RESET Certification. Designed for Fitness, Health, and Education professionals who want the knowledge of “why” the OS RESETs work and how to incorporate them into their practices. This certification will allow you to take your clients to entirely different levels of performance and provide them with movements they’ll quickly buy into.
As a fitness, health, or education professional, you are responsible for helping your clients, athletes, or patients get the most out of your time with them. We know that if a person moves well, they can do more, suffer fewer injuries, and perform better. When they feel good, they are happier, and when they are happier, they let people know. When they tell others why their mood has improved or why they look so much better and more content, they will talk about what you’ve done for them, and you’ll grow your referrals.
At the end of this advanced 15-hour certification you should have:
- An understanding of how OS assists in the restoration of efficient reflexive movement.
- Ability to construct a rationale for use of the main principles of OS in the development of movement programs and activities for clients.
- Ability to perform the Original Strength Screen & Assessment (OSSA)
- Ability to integrate the OSSA into the evaluation of inefficient and dysfunctional movements.
- Ability to formulate an effective movement program from observations collected while performing the OSSA.
- An understanding of how the application of restorative functional movements can affect the normal and pathological physiology of body tissues.
- An understanding of OS as a restorative movement system through sound neurologic principles.
- An understanding of how loading a movement pattern increases neurologic output.
- Ability to safely load movement patterns for desired movement outcome.
- Know Original Strength is providing the foundation of Movement.
- Understand the neurology of the vestibular system, as well as how it affects and determines the body’s reflexive stability, strength, and control.
- Be able to understand and demonstrate the importance of head control as it relates to the vestibular system, balance, posture, and coordination.
- An ability to identify regressions and progressions necessary when performing RESETs.
- An understanding of the pathology leading to injuries and a clear understanding or when to refer your client to a medical professional.
- Be able to comprehend the pelvic floor as it relates to the strength and health of the overall body.
Completion of this course will also qualify you to take the exam to become an OS Certified Professional – Pro.
Completion of an OS PRESSING RESET Certification is a mandatory prerequisite.
Schedule: Day 1; 9:30am-5:30pm - Day 2; 9:30am-5:30pm (Eastern Standard Time)
REQUIRED for this certification: a reliable internet connection and room to move around on the floor.
REQUIRED for the OSSA segment of the certification: a cell phone or secondary device for viewing the OSSA form. We will email the fillable form during one of the breaks.
HELPFUL (but not required) for the loading segment of the certification:
Substitute: Various size plastic freezer bags filled with sand.
A weight vest - 10, 15, 20 pounds
- pull-up assist bands
- Cook bands
- Ankle/wrist bands
Ankle / wrist weights
Original Strength is providing the foundation of Movement.
- the neurology of the vestibular system, as well as how the vestibular system affects and determines the body’s reflexive stability, strength, and control.
- the importance of head control as it relates to balance, posture, and coordination.
- the OS Screen & Assessment (OSSA).
- how to use the OSSA as a starting point for your clients’ physical performance abilities.
- regressions and progressions necessary when performing RESETs.
- the pathology leading to injuries.
- the pelvic floor as it relates to the strength and health of the overall body.
- the values of loading the RESET movement patterns and when loading them is appropriate.
Prerequisites, CEUs, and Additional Details
The OS Pressing RESET Certification is the required prerequisite to the OS Pro RESET Certification. The OS Pro RESET Certification goes more in-depth into why the OS system works and how to develop programs for your clients. It also provides instruction on how to use and implement the OS Screen & Assessment (OSSA) into your business.
1.4 ACE CEUs – The American Council on Exercise recognizes Original Strength Systems, LLC as a Continuing Education Provider.
1.5 NASM CEUs – The National Academy of Sports Medicine recognizes Original Strength Systems as a Continuing Education Provider.
15 AFAA CEUs – The Athletics and Fitness Association of America recognizes Original Strength Systems as a Continuing Education Provider.
7.5 CSCCa CEUs – The Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Coaches Association recognizes Original Strength Systems as a Continuing Education
Refund Policy: If you are unable to attend your registered certification, we will transfer the registration fee to a future certification of the same level per your selection.