Fed and Fearless Podcast - Episode 24
Mar 30, 2020
Community, confidence, and learning to be comfortable being uncomfortable are all values we should learn and embrace as we age. Creating a safe place to encourage people to combine faith and exercise is something Dani Almeyda, co-founder of Original Strength, is immensely proud of.
Click here to listen to the podcast with Lauren Schoenfeld.
IN THIS EPISODE
- Why getting older is no excuse for losing strength and ability
- What happens when you learn to breathe properly
- How you can press reset on any stressful moments in your life
- What happens when you feel loved and comfortable
- How community can encourage you to try new movements
- Where your original strength comes from
- Why women need a community of girlfriends they feel comfortable with
- Why you should practice being uncomfortable
“We try to plant these seeds of hope in every single time we’re with somebody. Hope feels good. Giving and helping people see, understand, and feel hopeful is a really good way to get them more comfortable in exploring their relationship with God.” (23:06)
“Being relatable is important. If people can’t relate to you and you can’t be vulnerable enough to share your own life, struggles, failures, and what you learned then it makes it really hard to create relationships that are meaningful.” (34:40)
“Getting comfortable being uncomfortable will make you so much stronger at everything in life because you’re always going to have uncomfortable situations. So if you know how to move through the discomfort, you get really comfortable being uncomfortable.” (45:21)